The Storioni Festival has proved to be a chamber music festival of large stature in the past three years. Not only the key role of the Storioni Trio, ‘the flagship of Dutch culture’, but also the presence of internationally renowned guest musicians and a well puzzled out programming make this an essential event for chamber music fans. Big names like Gidon Kremer, Natalia Gutman and Jean-Yves Thibaudet have performed together with the Storioni Trio during previous editions.
This year big stars such as Vadim Repin, Pekka Kuusisto, Evelina Dobracheva and Vladimir Mendelssohn play beautiful classics and exciting new pieces.
Storioni Festival & Muziekcentrum De Toonzaal present:
Storioni Festival Prize
Ensemble competition for young chamber music ensembles
The Storioni International Chamber Music Festival organises the first edition of an ensemble competition in 2011, in which ensembles get a chance to present them selves during the ‘Walking concert’ of the Storioni Festival 2011. During this concert the Storioni Trio and other well known musicians will also perform.
The concerts take place at Muziekcentrum De Toonzaal, De Muzerije and Het Zwanenbroedershuis in Den Bosch and at the end of the evening the jury (under the leadership Ad ’s-Gravesande) will announce the prizewinner.
- chamber music ensembles, with 2 musicians or more
- students who have be enrolled to a Dutch conservatory, or have graduated there at the latest 2 years ago.
- at least 2 pieces from different artistic periods with a maximum of 25 minutes; single movements are allowed
- First Prize-winner
performances in Muziekcentrum De Toonzaal and a lunchconcert in Muziekgebouw Eindhoven, coached by the Storioni Trio
- Audience Award
performance during Kamermuziek in ’t Groen (Eindhoven) as a part of the Storioni Academy stage
- The competition has two rounds. Apply before November 15th 2010 through firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 615, 5600 AP Eindhoven. Send a CV of the ensemble and of the individual members, preferably including a DVD or CD.
- December 4th 2010 the audition round takes place in Muziekcentrum De Toonzaal. The jurors are the members of the Storioni Trio, under the leadership of Ruud van Eeten (programmer at Muziekcentrum De Toonzaal). Also Frank Veenstra, artistic manager of the festival, Ad ‘s-Gravesande, chairman of the foundation Jeroen Bosch 500 and other people from the international music scene take place in the jury.
- At best 3 ensembles will be selected to perform on January 27th 2011 during the Storioni Festival and compete to win the Storioni Festival Prize
<< back to the news